March 4 - 9 2024
* Terms and agreements
Chocolate Bootcamp by Melissa Coppel, Olivier Fernandez and Ramon Morató
If you've always wanted to learn the endless possibilities confectionery and chocolate have to offer, this hands-on class in our school is the perfect option.Our Chocolate Bootcamp is always the perfect occasion to invite and collaborate with some of the most innovative and creative chocolatiers in the field.
This time Chef Melissa teaches alongside Ramón Morató and Olivier Fernández, true experts in chocolate formulation and bean-to-bar! During these six intense days, our complete hands-on program will cover all the essential skills and techniques of chocolate making: ganache formulation, glossy, colorful molded and enrobed bonbons, vegan chocolaterie, American-style candy bars, bean-to-bar, confections, and panning.
This hands-on class is the perfect opportunity to share with like-minded chocolatiers, pastry chefs, and chocolate lovers from all over the world who come to learn from each other and share at our School in Las Vegas! We will finish our amazing week with a beautiful buffet, chocolate testing, diplomas, and champagne!
Day one: Will be all about Ganache Formulation with Cacao Barry’s creative director, Chef Ramon Morató!
Learn everything about the ingredients we normally use in ganaches: their properties, use, source, emulsification, Aw, and sweetening power, as well as the importance of combining sugars. Then take all this information and learn how to formulate ganache recipes that are well-balanced and with the texture and shelf life you are looking for. The second part of the day will be more hands-on, since you will get to make -alongside Chef Morató- all the ganache recipes you formulated earlier that day to start setting your creations in motion.
Day two: This day will be spent with Chef Melissa doing what she is most well known for: Glossy Molded Bonbons! Learn first a variety of colorful and intricate spraying techniques, to then produce bonbons with unique fillings like marshmallows, an assortment of ganaches, caramels, pralinés, dujas, compotes, marzipan, etc. Some of the products you will be making with her are:
- Matcha Passion Vanilla Bean Ganache
- Passion Pie: Vanilla Marshmallow, Passion Ganache and Cookie Crust
- Espresso Ganache | Hazelnut Praliné
- Mango Lassi Ganache
- Lychee Rose Cardamom Ganache & Pistachio Marzipan
- Honey & Black Truffle Ganache
- Day Three: Chef Melissa will teach you the art of enrobed bonbons. You will learn all the factors that affect the precision and shine of your enrobed bonbons, including room temperature, off-temper chocolate use, and fat bloom. You will also learn how to coat them using an enrober with a cooling tunnel, the ultimate chocolatier’s dream setup!
- Orange Blossom and Coriander Marzipan & Dark Chocolate Ganache | Vegan
- Chewy Caramel | Pecan Praliné
- Raspberry Jelly & Peanut Butter Ganache
- Crunchy Piedmontese Gianduja
- Cookie Dough & Brown Butter Ganache
- Vanilla Bean Ganache | Vegan
Day Four: Is all about American-style candy bars and panning! Join Chef Coppel as she teaches you how to make the most indulgent versions of all the American classic bars like vegan “Snickers,” “Twix,” “Butterfinger,” and “Milky Way,” as well as a variety of confections and dragées – all with unique centers – like gooey caramel, marzipan, marshmallow, and caramelized nuts. You will learn how to use shellac as well and Chef Coppel will also provide many ideas on how to package all these great products:
- “Twix” Chewy Caramel & Breton Cookie
- Butterfinger Honeycomb & PB
- Snickers Chewy Caramel & Peanut Nougat
- Yuzu Marzipan & Strawberry Chocolate
- Caramelized Hazelnuts & Croissant Duja
- S’Mores: Marshmallow, Chocolate and Graham Crackers
- Pistachios with White Chocolate and Matcha
On Day Five: Chef Melissa will reimagine traditional bonbon making to teach you how to make the most indulgent vegan glossy bonbons, using natural colors, as well as vegan fillings and couvetures, all made from scratch. You will also create indulgent and versatile confections such as caramels, dragées, marshmallows, candied oranges, and a variety of spreads.
- Piña Colada Chocolate Bars
- Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Chocolate Bars
- Pecan Pie Bonbons: Chocolate-less Pecan Ganache & Pecan Praliné
- Cherry Compote & Pistachio Praliné
- Bitter Ganache & Oreo Praliné
On Day Six: Chef Olivier Fernández will teach you everything he’s learned during his fieldwork in the cacao farms to create the perfectly crafted artisanal chocolates he sells in his bean-to-bar atelier, MXBCN. Learn about the different stages of cacao harvesting and how fermentation and drying methods impact the flavor of chocolate. Discover the secrets of
What is included in the recipe?
- Access to the recipe or class videos LifeTime
- Recipe book in PDF format including detailed methods, percentages, and the shelf life of each product.
- Tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Digital photo of the product/products made during class.
- Tested recipes and formulations.
- Full email and forum support.
Recommendations and rules:
- All other digital files and videos will be available lifetime: Video recipe, recipe book, tools and equipment list, photos and others contained in the course.
- Our On-Demand Recipe Videos are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along with us. We feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
⟶ Practical Info