September 1 - 4 2020
Chocolates and Confections
Melissa Coppel’s enter the world of pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las vegas, where she honed her pastry skills and soaked up knowledge like a thirsty sponge. She took continuing education classes in any free time she had. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesar’s Palace Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry school in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
$1,000* Terms and agreements
Running a Chocolate Production
It's a Class dedicated to people that would like to open a Chocolate shop one day; or that currently have a business, struggle with their daily operation and are looking for answers to their problems.
In this Class we will focus on “Creative Productivity” A concept based on innovative products that are production friendly: beautiful decorations that will not take more than two steps as well as simple but delicious fillings with a long shelf life.
Some of the highlights:
• Decorations and spraying techniques that are “production friendly"
• Fillings that are unique, simple and everybody will love
• Long shelf life ganaches and fillings (all around 12 weeks)
• Storage tips
• Packaging advise, information and contact of reliable manufacturing companies in the USA and China
- PB & J: Raspberry Compote | Peanut Butter Ganache | Crunchy Peanuts
- Limone: Coffee Lime Ganache
- Bounty: Coconut Ganache | Coconut and Almond Crunch
- Mojito: Lime, Mint and Rum Ganache
- Indulge: Chewy Caramel | Crunchy Coffee Hazelnut Praliné
- Passione: Passion and Timmut Pepper Ganache
- Avellana: Hazelnut and Zéphyr Caramel Ganache
- Caramelo: Sea Salt Caramel Ganache
- Amour: Lychee Rose Tea Ganache
- Tahiti: Vanilla Marzipan | Vanilla Ganache
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
A PDF book with all the recipes.
A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class, so we encourage students not to share their passwords.