March 8 - 9 2021
Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
Andrey DubovikFollow: Instagram
Veronika DubovikFollow: Instagram
Modern Spraying Techniques
Two intense days with two Chocolatier recognized around the world for their artistry when it comes to colorful spraying techniques. The perfect Class for those wanting to dive deep into the world of Colorful and Glossy Cacao Butter Decorations for Molded Bonbons from three of the best chocolatiers and shell painters -if theres such title- in the world: Melissa Coppel, Veronika Dubovik and Andrey Dubovik: Completely different styles, both breathtaking!
A Class about contrast and techniques: Dubovik's team uses an air brush, mix liposoluble colors with plain cacao butter for their spray colors and usually back up their colors with white spray. While Melissa uses a spray gun, starts with pre mixed cacao butter colors and believes in white chocolate shells, and yet both teams achieve amazing results!
In this class you will learn about color combinations and saturation: how according to the “canvas” -which is the chocolate you will be using- you need to adjust the pigmentation of your colors. You will spend the first day with Chef Melissa, and with her you will be making 6 different Dessert Bars from start to finish: All showcasing colorful and intricate cacao butter designs and her signature Dessert Bar fillings, like crunchy elements, cookies, compotes, caramels and ganaches.
The last 2 days you will spend them alongside Veronika and Andrey Dubovik.
With them you will be learning 12 different and unique designs using a wide variety of tools like sponges, stencils, brushes, tape as well as different spraying techniques.
Two days where both teams will share their insights, techniques, tips and inspiration, so you can as well produce beautiful, colorful and glossy Bonbons and dessert Bars EVERY TIME!
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our Classes are Online Live, this means you will be able interact, watch the Chef work in real time and ask all the questions you have, all which will be answer immediately.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class.