July 27 - 29 2021
Jams and Spreads
Josep Maria Ribé
In 2001 he joined the Staff at the Chocolate Academy in Vic, Spain, formerly known as Aula Chocovic.
In 2004 he won the Spanish Championship and the prize as “Best young pastry chef in Spain”
In 2005 he won the MMACE or Best Master Artisan Chocolatier in Spain, the most distinguish tittle a Pastry Chef in Spain can have.
He is the co-author of the Chocolate Book called “Four in One”
Since 2015 he has been the Director of the Chocolate Academy in Vic, and the Chef for the Callebaut Brand.
Always curious, and looking for constant evolution he created a group alongside other great professionals in Spain called “Colectivo 21 Brix” A group devoted to creativity, sharing and evolution.
Jams & Spreads
Chef Josep María Ribé has spent many years perfecting the art of fruit preserves, jams, marmalades and water/fat base spreads. No wonder his passion is so contagious!
Learn the difference between pectins, the sweetening power of sugars, the importance of knowing the PH and solid content in fruits, all this key points to formulate recipes with the flavor, texture and shelf life you are looking for.
You will also learn about the right storage conditions and the perfect branding and packaging for your final product.
A large selection of jams, marmalades and water/fat spreads will be made during this three day Online Class including:
- Strawberry and Passion Jam
- Fig and Wine Jam
- Cherry Almond and Kirsh Jam
- Tomato and Lime Jam
- Pineapple Ginger and Keffir Lime Jam
- Raspberry Pistachio Jam
- Orange and Tahitian Vanilla Jam
- Sudachi Banana and Chocolate Jam
- Coconut and Passion Fruit Jam
- Apricot Pistachio and Ylang Jam
- Apple and Madagascar Vanilla Jelly
- Mandarin and Yuzu Jelly
- Caramel Hazelnut and Passion Spread
- Caramel and Chocolate Spread
- Caramel Vanilla Spread with Hazelnut Crumble
- Pistachio and Yuzu Spread
- Almond 48% Caramel and Tangerine Spread
- Hazelnut 20% and Cacao Spread
- Hazelnut 44% Cacao and Coffee Spread
- Peanut 48% Banana and Lime Spread
- Raspberry and Yuzu Pâte de Fruit
- Coco and Lime Pâte de Fruit
- Green Apple and Lime Pâte de Fruit
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our Classes are Online Live, this means you will be able to interact, watch the Chef work in real time and ask all the questions you have, all which will be answered immediately.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.