July 26 - 27 2021
Jams & Spreads
Andres Lara had traveled the world working and exploring different cultures; this makes his work approach so fresh and unique.
He is now the Executive Pastry Chef at Melissa Coppel’s Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas, but his work experience ranges from incredible places like El Bulli,to Noma, the Cacao Barry Chocolate Academies in Montreal and Tokyo and The Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago.
Some of his most notable mentors include Albert Adrià, Paco Torreblanca, Ramon Morato, Jacquy Pfeiffer, Sebastien Canonne - just to name a few -
Jams, Spreads and Coffee Cakes
Transform your favorite seasonal fruits into the most decadent jams! After all, who isn’t crazy about them?
And for those of you looking to offer a wider variety of products, this Class will include as well some crazy delicious spreads.
First, learn all the key points about the ingredients: How to pick your fresh fruits and purees, the differences between different pectins, the different types of sugars and how to substitute them, the PH and fiber content of fruits, etc.
Then learn about flavor combination and the addition of spices and inclusions Then finish the Class learning about storage, shelf life and unique packaging ideas for your final product.
A large selection of jams, marmalades and water/fat spreads will be made during this two day Online Class, plus a few surprise cakes and treats!
- Cherry Rose and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Apricot, Madras Curry and Hazelnut Jam
- White Peach and Almond Jam
- Passion, Mango and Pineapple Jam
- Grapefruit and Saffron Jam
- Blood Orange Lime and Jasmine Tea Jam
- Vanilla Salted Caramel Spread
- Zephyr 35% Peanut butter and Banana Spread
- Chocolate Hazelnut “Nutella” Spread
- Hazelnut Prune Cake
- Toasted Almond and Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Vanilla Bean Scones
- July 26 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
- July 27 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Access to the class recording’s for 5 days
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our Classes are Online Live, this means you will be able interact, watch the Chef work in real time and ask all the questions you have, all which will be answer immediately.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class.