August 24 - 27 2020
Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las vegas, where she honed her pastry skills and soaked up knowledge like a thirsty sponge. She took continuing education classes in any free time she had. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry school in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
$1,000* Terms and agreements
Intensive Chocolate Workshop
Fun, creative, daring… A class design for students that are tired of doing the same "raspberry ganache” they learned years ago. For students that are curious, looking to reinvent themselves and refresh their collections with a good dose of creativity.
An Online Class where students will learn everything about the art of Bonbons -both molded and enrobed- as well as Dessert Bars.
The first stop will be learning about color combinations and the importance of understanding how the opacity vs translucency of our colors will give us very different results.
Next step will be learning unique cacao butter decoration techniques using all kinds of gadgets: from sponges, brushes, stencils and tape to of course spraying and how to control the gun to achieve different results. Then learn how to make perfect chocolate shells and greats tips on how to pipe neatly. Next step will be learning how to close your molds with and without guitar sheets. And what about fillings? We will cover the two basic families: Water fat base fillings like pralinés, gianduja, dujas and crunchy elements. Then water base fillings like caramels, compotes, jellies and ganaches with different base liquids like cream, fruit purees and water.
In this class you will also learn about Enrobed Bonbons: How to do a bottom and top chablon. How to properly cut ganaches with a guitar and then enrobe -or cover- them in chocolate using an enrobing machine as well as different techniques on how to decorate all the bonbons directly on the belt.
This Class will give as well a good foundation to understand ingredients, sugars and the base knowledge to start balancing your own ganache recipes so that they will maintain the right texture overtime and will have a minimum of 4 weeks shelf life.
- Maní: Salty Peanut Duja | Caramelized Peanuts | Chewy Caramel Cube
- La Esmeralda: Banana Caramel | Black Truffle Ganache
- Piemonte: Hazelnut Ganache | Gianduja
- Exotic: Mandarin Black Pepper and Alto el Sol 65% Ganache
- Lebanon: Lemon Ganache | Dates and Coffee Crunch
- Caracas: Mango Tonka Ganache
- Caramelo: Smoked Salt Caramel Ganache
- Poppy: Poppyseed and Raspberry Crunch | Flower Tea Ganache
- Peach Sesame: Peach and Vanilla Compote | Sesame Ganache | Zéphyr Caramel
- Yuzu Mandarin: Yuzu Marzipan | Citrus Ganache
- Tai’an: Jasmine Tea Ganache | Passion Fruit Jelly
- Mount Lychee: Yogurt Ganache | Raspberry Rose Compote | Lychee Crunch
- Lime Pie: Sour Cream Marshmallow | Lime Curd Ganache | Maria Cookie Crunch
- Apple Pie: Roasted Apple Caramel | Graham | Pecan Praliné
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
A PDF book with all the recipes.
A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class, so we encourage students not to share their passwords.