October 27 - 30 2020
Melissa Coppel’s enter the world of pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las vegas, where she honed her pastry skills and soaked up knowledge like a thirsty sponge. She took continuing education classes in any free time she had. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesar’s Palace Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry school in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
Alexandre BourdeauxFollow: Instagram
$995* Terms and agreements
Glossy Bonbons and Ganache Formulation
You will spend the first two days with Chef Melissa: She will start the class explaining her step by step to always achieve beautiful glossy bonbons. Then she will share her expertise about color combinations, how understanding opacity and translucency is important when mixing your cacao butter colors, simply because they will react differently according to the canvas - in this case the chocolates that we will use to make the shells- Then she will demo a variety of unique colorful decorations using sponges, stencils, brushes, tape, and of course showing the many designs you can achieve using the spray gun.
After the designs are done, she will show her technique to make the perfect shells. Then she will move on to making a variety of fillings like pistachio praliné, gianduja, pâte de fruit, soft caramel, compotes and ganaches with different base liquids like cream, tea and fruit purees. Her Class will finish showing you how to close the bonbons with and without guitar sheets.
Then you will spend the last two and a half days with chef Alexander Bourdeaux, learning everything about ganache formulation: the science behind it and how to balance your own ganache recipes from scratch, according to the taste, texture and the shelf life you desire. Through out his Class he will be using his own ganache software called: Ganache Solution
By the end of the course, you will learn how to formulate amazing ganaches recipes and then bring them to life with beautifully designed chocolate shells.
- Condensed Milk and Coffee Ganache | Almond Coffee Duja
- Mango Lassi: Mango, Yogurt and cardamom Ganache
- Yuzu Pâte de Fruit | Lapsang Souchong Tea Ganache
- Cassis and Violet Ganache | Pistachio Praliné
- “Ispaham” Raspberry Lychee Rose Ganache
- The Ultimate Hazelnut Rocher: Coffee Caramel | Crunchy Gianduja | Caramelized Hazelnut Center
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our Classes are Online Live, this means you will be able interact, watch the Chef work in real time and ask all the questions you have, all which will be answer immediately.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class.