March 8 - 14 2021
days, hours per day
Andrés Lara had traveled the world working and exploring different cultures; this makes his work approach so fresh and unique.
He is now the Executive Pastry Chef at Melissa Coppel’s Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas, but his work experience ranges from incredible places like El Bulli,to Noma, the Cacao Barry Chocolate Academies in Montreal and Tokyo and The Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago.
Some of his most notable mentors include Albert Adrià, Paco Torreblanca, Ramon Morato, Jacquy Pfeiffer, Sebastien Canonne - just to name a few -
Francisco MigoyaFollow: Instagram
Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
His name is tightly linked to a profound knowledge of Chocolate and Chocolaterie d’auteur. Spain’s Best Master Pastry Chef in 1997, and currently global creative director of Cacao Barry worldwide, Ramon Morató is also the author of the acclaimed book ‘Chocolate’, and co-author of the book ‘Four in One’ alongside Josep Maria Ribé, Raúl Bernal and Miquel Guarro.
Some of his Awards:
1997 – Spain’s Best Master Pastry Chef (MMAPE’97)
1998 to 2017 – Director of Aula Chocovic, currently Chocolate Academy Spain.
2007 – Publication of the book ‘Chocolate’, World’s Best Pastry Book award (Gourmand Cookbooks Awards).
2016 – Coauthor of ‘Four in one’ on the boundaries of chocolate.
Online Chocolate Boot Camp
Submerge yourself in the world of Chocolate for seven intense days! A once in a life time opportunity to learn from some of the best chocolatiers in the world! And the best of all? Taught 100% Online. Further your skills in only one week with a complete program that will cover every topic in Chocolate making: Enrobed Bonbons and Bars, Ganache Formulation, Beautiful Colorful and Glossy Molded Bonbons, Dessert Bars, American Style Candy Bars, Panning and an inspiring presentation about creativity and how your ideas can come to life when you learn how to make your own chocolate molds.
The program will be taught 100% Online Live, this means you will be able to interact with the chefs in real time, and ask all the questions you may have. If your schedule does not allow you to take the live Class, don’t worry! We will provide you the Class recordings for 5 days.
Now, let us explain to you how the seven days will be divided:
March 8th: Melissa Coppel | Dessert Bars
- PB & J: Peanut Butter Ganache | Raspberry Compote | Toasted Butter Brioche
- Strawberry Cobbler: Balsamic Reduction | Strawberry Ganache | Walnut Streusel | Walnut Praliné
- Lemon Blueberry Pie: Lemon Marshmallow | Lemon Curd Ganache | Blueberry Compote | Pie Crust
March 9th: Andrey and Veronika Dubovik | Beautiful and Colorful Spraying Techniques for Molded Bonbons
March 10th: Ramon Morató | Ganache Formulation
March 11th: Ramon Morató | Ganache Formulation
March 12th: Melissa Coppel |Enrobed Bonbons and Bars Andrés Lara | American Style Candy Bars | Enrobed
Enrobed Bonbons and Bars
- Double Caramel Bonbons: Chewy Caramel | Sea Salt Caramel Ganache | Dark Chocolate
- Passion Fruit Vanilla: Passion Fruit Marzipan | Vanilla Ganache | Dark Chocolate
- Triple Chocolate: White Chocolate Ganache | Zephyr Caramel Ganache | Dark Chocolate
American Style Candy Bars
- Snickers: Chocolate Nougat + Bitter Caramel + Pecan
- Peanut Butter Cups: Honey Peanut Paste | Peanut Ganache | Peanut Brittle
- Butterfinger: Peanut Butter Duja | Honey Comb Shards
March 13th: Francisco Migoya | Inspiration | Creativity | How to make your own Chocolate Molds
March 14th: Melissa Coppel | Panning | Dragées
- Pistachio Marzipan | Salty Pistachio Marzipan | Pistachio Duja | Cherry Powder
- Pecans and Passion: Caramelized Pecans | Zephyr Caramel 35% Chocolate | Passion Fruit Powder
- Blueberries and Yogurt: Dried Blueberries | Ruby Chocolate | Yogurt powder
- 8:00 am to 11:30 am Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A book in PDF with the complete methods.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our Classes are Online Live, this means you will be able to interact, watch the Chef work in real time and ask all the questions you have, all which will be answered immediately.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.