Melissa Coppel entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
$500 (USD)* Terms and agreements
Class: The Ultimate Vegan Shop | Chocolates, Vegan Couvertures and Panning
Any good Pastry or Chocolate Shop needs to offer a repertoire of delicious products for customers with different diet preferences or restrictions.
This Class will offer you the perfect opportunity to dive into the incredible world of Glossy Bonbons with Natural Colors, Vegan Couvertures and Panning.
Chef Melissa will focus on teaching you first how to create your own colors using natural pigments like spirulina, carrot and charcoal, then a few unique decoration techniques to get beautiful Glossy Bonbons.
Three different Bonbons will be made during Class with a variety of fillings like praliné, caramel and ganache.
Then you will learn how to make from scratch a variety of vegan flavored couvertures great to use when making chocolate shells, bars, mendiants, etc.
Chef Melissa will finish the Class by teaching you a delicious and indulgent panning product: caramelized pecans coated in coffee and oat chocolate -also made in class- what else can you ask for?
- Strawberry Ganache | Pistachio Praliné | Vegan Molded Bonbon
- Macadamia Ganache and Pineapple Jelly | Vegan Molded Bonbons
- Espresso Ganache | Soft Caramel | Vegan Molded Bonbons
- Caramelized Pecans covered in Coffee and Oat Chocolate -made from scratch- | Panning
- Strawberry and Passion Fruit Chocolate -made from scratch- with Caramelized Sesame Seeds | Chocolate Mendiants
- Sourdough Bread Chocolate -made from scratch- with Sea Salt and Almonds | Loaded Chocolate Bars
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the complete methods.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Digital photo / photos of the products made in Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- These classes are On-Demand, you will have access to the video content of the class for 15 days from the moment of purchase.
- All the Digital files will be available for 1 year.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.