Melissa Coppel entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
* Terms and agreements
Class: The Ultimate Vegan Shop | Bonbons, Couvertures and Panning
Any good pastry or chocolate shop needs to offer a repertoire of delicious products for customers with different dietary preferences or restrictions.
This class is the perfect opportunity to dive into the incredible world of glossy bonbons with natural colors, vegan couvertures and panning.
Chef Melissa will first focus on teaching you how to create your own colors using natural pigments like spirulina, carrot and charcoal, and then some unique decoration techniques to create beautiful Glossy Bonbons.
Three different bonbons will be made during class with a variety of fillings such as pralinés, caramels, and ganaches.
Then you will learn how to make from scratch a variety of vegan flavored couvertures that are great for making chocolate shells, bars, mendiants, etc.
Chef Melissa will close out the class by teaching you a delicious and indulgent baked good: caramelized pecans covered in coffee and oat chocolate (also made in class).
- Strawberry Ganache | Pistachio Praliné | Vegan Molded Bonbon
- Macadamia Ganache and Pineapple Jelly | Vegan Molded Bonbons
- Espresso Ganache | Soft Caramel | Vegan Molded Bonbons
- Caramelized Pecans covered in Coffee and Oat Chocolate -made from scratch- | Panning
- Strawberry and Passion Fruit Chocolate -made from scratch- with Caramelized Sesame Seeds | Chocolate Mendiants
- Sourdough Bread Chocolate -made from scratch- with Sea Salt and Almonds | Loaded Chocolate Bars
What is included in the recipe?
- Access to the recipe or class videos of The Ultimate Vegan Shop for 30 Days -after your first click-
- Recipe book in PDF format including detailed methods, percentages, and the shelf life of each product.
- Tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Digital photo of the product/products made during class.
Recommendations and rules:
- You will have access to the video for 30 days -after your first click.
- Please be aware that after 30 days, the video will no longer be available.
- All other digital files will be available for 1 year: recipe of Ultimate Vegan Shop book, tools and equipment list and photos.
- Our On-Demand Recipe of Ultimate Vegan Shop Video are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along with us. We feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.