Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
On Demand Pre-Crystallization -or Tempering- 101
This course is ideal for anyone passionate about Chocolate! Not only beginners who are new to this world, but for people who have been working with chocolate for years that know for a fact that without a correct pre crystallization -or tempering- no chocolate work could be done, but do not fully understand what is really happening… How can we be in control and be able to resolve issues during our production if we do not understand this fully?
In this Class you will learn three different tempering techniques, because depending on your conditions, one method could be more suitable than the others.
We will also cover during Class how to adjust the viscosity of your chocolate couvertures according to your needs.
* We highly recommend that you take this class before you decide to enroll in any other of our Chocolate Courses.
The following three methods of pre crystallization -or tempering- will be taught:
- Seeding with creamy Cacao Butter
- 1 session, 3.5 hours.
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the complete methods.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Streaming of the class for 7 days, from the day of purchase.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- These classes are On-Demand, you will have access to the video content of the class for 7 days from the moment of purchase.
- All the Digital files will be available for 1 year.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.