July 16 - December 31 2021
Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
An Online Class that will showcase a variety of bonbons with unique fillings, not only just ganaches.
We will cover every step of the process to get the beautiful enrobed bonbons: From how to perfectly emulsify you ganache recipes, to the pre crystallization of the fillings, how to properly do a bottom and top chablon, then how to perfectly cut them using guitar. We will finish them both ways: hand dipping them or coating them using an enrobing machine. All bonbons will have beautiful and simple decorations.
We will discuss as well how to pack, freeze and ship your chocolate bonbons.
- Vegan Lemon Ganache with Blueberry Pâte de Fruit all enrobed in 68% dark chocolate
- Brown Butter Ganache and Hazelnut Marzipan hand dipped in 47% milk chocolate
- Vanilla Bean Ganache and Raspberry Caramel coated in 68% dark chocolate
- Lychee Tea Ganache with a Pistachio Duja, enrobed in 68% dark chocolate
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Access to the class recording’s for 7 days.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our On Demand Classes are recordings, this means you will watch the Chef work in real time and stop or re-start the recording anytime.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to access to all Class material and certificate.