Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
On Demand Colorful Spraying Techniques
An Online Class where Chef Melissa will share with you her expertise on a topic that has taken her almost 10 years to perfect. A program designed for students searching for new ideas to refresh their collections with beautiful, colorful and glossy cacao butter designs.
In this two intense days Class you will learn all the tricks and techniques to take your skills to a whole new level.
15 different colorful designs using tape, stencils, sponges, brushes and a spray gun will be made during the Class.
Topics that will be covered during Class:
- Creating your own cacao butter colors using liposoluble powder colors.
- Learn how to get glossy bonbons using natural colors | Suitable for vegan and purist customers.
- High vs Low Pigmentation: Learn how to create your own chart after you understand the difference of having different pigmentation levels. Picking the right pigmentation percentage according to the type of chocolate you are using for the shells will save you lots of time and prevent many mistakes.
- Learn how to create your own transfer sheets.
No fillings will be made during the online Class, but you will receive a recipe book with ten of Chef Melissa’s best ganache recipes with the step by step method included.
- Mango Lassi Ganache: Mango, yogurt and cardamom Ganache
- Banana Caramel
- Saffron, Rose and Pistachio Ganache
- Peanut Butter with Zéphyr 35%
- Lemon, lavender and milk chocolate Ganache
- Tangy yogurt and white chocolate Ganache
- Crunchy walnut Praliné Matcha tea Ganache
- Pineapple Coconut: A tropical combination of coconut, pineapple and white chocolate Ganache
- 2 sessions, 5 hours each.
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Streaming of the class for 7 days, from the day of purchase.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- These classes are On-Demand, you will have access to the video content of the class for 7 days from the moment of purchase.
- All the Digital files will be available for 1 year.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.