Melissa Coppel’s entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
Class: Panning or Dragées
A flavor driven course where we will explore different panning items with a variety of centers like caramelized nuts, pâte de fruit, cereal and dried fruits. All with different finishes like shellac and different natural powders.
Walk away inspired and with many unique ideas to start a line of products -all with a great shelf life- for your Pastry or Chocolate Shop.
- Cookies and Cream: Cereal Balls with White Chocolate and Oreo Cookies
- Yuzu Pâte de Fruit Cubes with Homemade Almond Chocolate
- Cherries with Pistachio Duja and Matcha Tea
- Caramelized Almonds with Zephyr Caramel Chocolate and Coffee | Shellac
- Blueberries with Ruby and Beet Chocolate
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the complete methods.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Access link to the video of the class for 15 days after purchase date.
- Digital photo / photos of the products made in Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- These classes are On-Demand, you will have access to the video content of the class for 15 days from the moment of purchase.
- All the Digital files will be available for 1 year.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.