Melissa Coppel entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
Free Recipe: Caramelized Nuts Recipe
In this free class, we wanted to give you a sneak peek at what our online classes are all about. We will show you our incredible technique for caramelizing nuts: easy, efficient and delicious, what more could you ask for?
This method is used in most of our On Demand classes, including:
-Vegan "Snickers" Bars
-Molded and Enrobed Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars
-Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
This free recipe also works wonders if you want to make a great gianduja or duja!
What is included in the Caramelized Nuts Recipe tuition fee?
- Recipe book in PDF with complete methods and percentages.
- Digital photo.
Recommendations and rules:
- These class is On-Demand, this means you will have access to the recipe video for one year.
- All the Digital files: recipe book and photos, will be available for 1 year.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to access the video recipe.