Andrés Lara had traveled the world working and exploring different cultures; this makes his work approach so fresh and unique.
He is now the Executive Pastry Chef at Melissa Coppel’s Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas, but his work experience ranges from incredible places like El Bulli,to Noma, the Cacao Barry Chocolate Academies in Montreal and Tokyo and The Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago.
Some of his most notable mentors include Albert Adrià, Paco Torreblanca, Ramon Morato, Jacquy Pfeiffer, Sebastien Canonne - just to name a few -
Rice Krispy Mendiants
* Terms and agreements
Recipe: Rice Krispy Mendiants
Rice Krispies Treats meets chocolate "mendiants" in this fun, crunchy, shelf-stable recipe created by Chef Andrés Lara. By combining one of America's favorite cereals with the traditional French bite-sized chocolate coins (traditionally topped with nuts), the recipe achieves a phenomenal contrast between the delicate airiness of caramelized puffed rice grains and the richness of hazelnut praliné and milk chocolate. Combined, these simple ingredients create a rustic, well-rounded, and fun confection that can serve as inspiration for many other creations, such as "arroz con leche ice cream" and much more!
- Caramelized Puffed Rice
- Rice Krispy Mendiants
What is included in the recipe?
- Access to the recipe or class videos for 30 Days -after your first click-
- Recipe book in PDF format including detailed methods, percentages, and the shelf life of each product.
- Tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Digital photo of the product/products made during class.
- Tested recipes and formulations.
Recommendations and rules:
- You will have access to the video for 30 days -after your first click.
- Please be aware that after 30 days, the video will no longer be available.
- All other digital files will be available for 1 year: recipe book, tools and equipment list and photos.
- Our On-Demand Recipe Videos are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along with us. We feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.