Melissa Coppel entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
Class: Glossy Dessert Bars
Melissa Coppel’s specialty! A concept that brings together her pastry background, the world of chocolate and her glossy colorful designs. A class that brings together these two worlds that so seem close, but are rather far apart. Complex compositions and dessert inspired ideas for those with an open mind looking to explore a more creative side of this craft.
- Peanut butter ganache | Raspberry compote toasted Brioche
- Pistachio praliné | Pistachio ganache | Streusel | Cherry compote
- Lemon curd ganache | Blueberry compote | “Müesli” lemon marshmallow
- Parmesan black pepper ganache | Parmesan cookie
- Chocolate less peach ganache | Walnut seed praliné
- Spray Chart and Shelf life tables.
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the recipes, complete methods and sketches.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Access to the video Class in HD for 15 days.
- A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
- Digital pictures of all the products made during the Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- Our On Demand Classes are recordings, this means you will watch the Chef work in real time and stop or re-start the recording anytime.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to access to all Class material and certificate.