Andrés Lara had traveled the world working and exploring different cultures; this makes his work approach so fresh and unique.
He is now the Executive Pastry Chef at Melissa Coppel’s Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas, but his work experience ranges from incredible places like El Bulli,to Noma, the Cacao Barry Chocolate Academies in Montreal and Tokyo and The Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago.
Some of his most notable mentors include Albert Adrià, Paco Torreblanca, Ramon Morato, Jacquy Pfeiffer, Sebastien Canonne - just to name a few -
Class: Jams, Spreads & Coffee Cakes
Transform your favorite seasonal fruits into the most decadent jams! After all, who isn’t crazy about them?
And for those of you looking to offer a wider variety of products, this Class will include some crazy delicious spreads as well.
First, learn all the key points about the ingredients: how to pick your fresh fruits and purees, the differences between different pectins, the different types of sugars and how to substitute them, the PH and fiber content of fruits, etc.
Then learn about flavor combination and the addition of spices and inclusions. Then finish the Class learning about storage, shelf life and unique packaging ideas for your final product.
A large selection of jams, marmalades and water/fat spreads will be made during this two day Online Class, plus a few surprise cakes and treats!
- Cherry Rose and Vanilla Bean Jam
- Apricot, Madras Curry and HazelnutJam
- White Peach and Almond Jam
- Passion, Mango and Pineapple Jam
- Grape fruit and Saffron Jam
- Blood Orange Lime and Jasmine TeaJ am
- Vanilla Salted Caramel Spread
- Zephyr 35% Peanut butter and Banana Spread
- Chocolate Hazelnut“Nutella” Spread
- Hazelnut Prune Cake
- Toasted Almond and Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Vanilla Bean Scones
What is included in the tuition fee?
- A recipe book in PDF with all the complete methods.
- A tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Acces link for the video of the class for 15 days, from the day of purchase.
- Digital photo / photos of the products made in Class.
Recommendations and rules:
- These classes are On-Demand, you will have access to the video content of the class for 15 days from the moment of purchase.
- All the Digital files will be available for 1 year.
- Our classes are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along us, we feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.
- Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allowed to join the Class.