Melissa Coppel entered the world of Pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las Vegas, where she honed her pastry skills. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesars Palace Casino and right after at The Bellagio Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she travels the world teaching her art, while she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
Irish Coffee Molded Bonbons
Recipe: Irish Coffee Bonbons
Irish coffee is the key to the perfect bonbon recipe. It has a boozy yet luscious base provided by a healthy dose of the famous whiskey and cream-based liqueur: Baileys. On top of that, the earthiness of coffee is responsible for adding sophisticated and full-bodied notes to the recipe. Classic yet exciting, it was only a matter of time before Chef Melissa created her own ganache version of this fantastic coffee drink.
This versatile recipe can also be made into a simple and delicious coffee ganache, so you can decide if you want to go the more classic route or add some flair to your bonbons. The book also comes with full spraying instructions and a spray chart to help you get every last detail of your bonbons right!
- Melissa Coppel’s step-by-step spraying technique
- How to make the perfect shells
- Irish coffee ganache recipe with complete methods and shelf life
- How to close and store your bonbons once they are ready
- Irish Coffee Ganache
What is included in the recipe?
- Access to the recipe or class videos for 30 Days -after your first click-
- Recipe book in PDF format including detailed methods, percentages, and the shelf life of each product.
- Tools and equipment list with hyperlinks to the websites where we bought all our utensils.
- Digital photo of the product/products made during class.
- Tested recipes and formulations.
Recommendations and rules:
- You will have access to the video for 30 days -after your first click.
- Please be aware that after 30 days, the video will no longer be available.
- All other digital files will be available for 1 year: recipe book, tools and equipment list and photos.
- Our On-Demand Recipe Videos are meant to be Demo style, we do not expect students to cook along with us. We feel this is the best way to get the most out of our experience together.