April 29 - May 5 2023
Melissa Coppel’s enter the world of pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las vegas, where she honed her pastry skills and soaked up knowledge like a thirsty sponge. She took continuing education classes in any free time she had. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesar’s Palace Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry school in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
* Terms and agreements
An incredible opportunity to submerge yourself in the amazing world of chocolate, and learn from some of the best Chocolatiers in the world!
Seven intense days, and a complete Hands-On program that will cover EVERY topic in chocolate making: From ganache formulation, to glossy and colorful molded bonbons -including vegan ones- enrobed bonbons, American style candy bars, confections and panning.
We will finish our amazing week with a beautiful buffet, chocolate testing, diplomas and champagne!
Day one will be all about Ganache Formulation!
Learn from Chef Melissa Coppel everything about ingredients: their properties, usage, source and sweetening power. Then how to formulate ganache recipes that are well balanced, and with the texture and shelf life you are looking for. The second part of the day will be more hands-on, since you will get to make all the ganache recipes you formulated earlier that day.
Day two will be spent with Chef Melissa doing what she is most well known for: Glossy molded bonbons!. Learn first a variety of colorful and intricate spraying techniques, to then produce bonbons with unique fillings like marshmallows, an assortment of ganaches, caramels, pralinés, dujas, compotes, marzipan, etc.
- Matcha Passion Ganache & Pistachio Marzipan
- Lemon Pie: Vanilla Marshmallow, Lemon Yogurt Ganache and Pretzel Crust
- Coconut Praliné & Passion Fruit Tonka Ganache
- Tiramisu: Marsala Custard Ganache & Coffee Praliné
- Lychee and Makrut Lime Ganache
- Banana Caramel & Black Truffle Ganache
On day three Chef Coppel will be teaching you the art of enrobed bonbons. Not only you will learn six of her signature bonbons like: “cookie dough” & brown butter ganache, chewy caramel & sea salt caramel ganache, PB & J, Crunchy Piemonte gianduja, and THE MOST AMAZING vanilla bean vegan ganache. You will learn as well, how to coat them using an enrober with a cooling tunnel -the ultimate chocolatier’s dream setup!-
- Orange Blossom Marzipan & Bitter Chocolate Ganache | Vegan
- Chewy Caramel & Sea Salt Caramel Ganache
- Raspberry Jelly & Peanut Butter Ganache
- Crunchy Piemonte Gianduja
- Cookie Dough & Brown Butter Ganache
- Vanilla Bean Ganache
Day four will be all about American style candy bars and panning! Learn alongside Chef Coppel how to make the most gourmand versions of all the American Classic bars like Vegan “Snickers” “Twix” “Butterfinger” and “Milky way” and a variety of indulgent confections and panned items -all with unique centers- like chewy caramel, marzipan, marshmallow, and caramelized nuts. You will learn as well how to use shellac. Chef Coppel will be sharing many ideas about how to pack all this products as well.
- “Twix” Chewy Caramel & Breton Cookie
- “Butterfinger” Honey Comb & PB
- “Snickers” Chewy Caramel and Peanut Nougat
- Yuzu Marzipan & Strawberry Chocolate
- Caramelized Hazelnuts & Croissant Duja
- S’mores: Marshmallow, Chocolate and Graham Cookies
- Chewy Caramel, Gianduja & Coffee
On day five Chef Melissa will give a twist to traditional bonbon making, teaching you how to make the most indulgent Vegan Glossy Bonbons using natural colors as well as vegan fillings and vegan flavored couvertures -made from scratch as well-
Day six and seven will be both spent with Chef Migoya, making the most creative and thinking forward chocolates and confections.
- Piña Colada Chocolate Bars
- Brown Sugar and Oat Chocolate Bars
- Jasmine Ganache and Raspberry Jelly Bonbons
- Pecan Pie Bonbons: Chocolate-less Pecan Ganache & Pecan Praliné
- Cherry Compote & Pistachio Praliné
- Oreo Praliné
- Doors will open at 8:40 am to breakfast
- Class will start 9:00 am daily, and finish around 5:00 pm
What is included in the recipe?
- Homemade breakfast, coffee break and lunch.
- Recipe Book
- Chef’s Apron
- Please wear proper uniform: Long pants, chefs jacket, non slippery shoes.
- Please be on time.
- No video recording, phone calls or texting is allowed during class.
- Class will have a maximum of 14 students.
- All classes are adult 18+ only.
⟶ Practical Info