June 23 - 24 2020
Ice cream / Gelato
Andres Lara had traveled the world working and exploring different cultures; this makes his work approach so fresh and unique.
He is now the Executive Pastry Chef at Melissa Coppel’s Chocolate and Pastry School in Las Vegas, but his work experience ranges from incredible places like El Bulli,to Noma, the Cacao Barry Chocolate Academies in Montreal and Tokyo and The Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago.
Some of his most notable mentors include Albert Adrià, Paco Torreblanca, Ramon Morato, Jacquy Pfeiffer, Sebastien Canonne - just to name a few -
$400* Terms and agreements
Gelato, Ice Cream and Frozen Treats
Chef Andrés Lara is always reinventing himself through his forward approach to food science and his endless pursuit to push the boundaries of flavor to another level.
In this Class he will teach you the basics of ice cream formulation and the science behind the ingredients, like the importance of sugars and their properties, their freezing point depression and how to adjust the recipes based on the serving temperatures you are looking for.
A wide variety of ice creams, sorbet and frozen desserts will be made in this online class, including vegan ice cream, mini magnum bars, ice cream sandwiches and pops, and of course pints of ice cream "Ben and Jerry's style" with tons of inclusions for your takeaway options.
Frozen Desserts | Creations
- Blueberry Sorbet | Greek Yogurt Gelato and Parmesan Sable Ice Cream Sandwich
- Pistachio Gelato | Pistachio Cookie | Red Fruit Marshmallow Sno Ball
- Cacao Nib Gelato | Apricot Sorbet | Apricot Confit | Cacao Diamond Cookie
- Cherry Sorbet | Lavender and Almond Duja Frozen Sorbet | Cherry Pate de Fruit | Roasted Almond Sable
Ice Cream with Inclusions
- Banana and Zephyr Caramel Gelato | Milk Chocolate and Banana Brownie
- Roasted Cocoa & Peanut Butter Gelato | Vegan | Plant Based
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
A PDF book with all the recipes.
A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class, so we encourage students not to share their passwords.