June 1 - 2 2020
Melissa Coppel’s enter the world of pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las vegas, where she honed her pastry skills and soaked up knowledge like a thirsty sponge. She took continuing education classes in any free time she had. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesar’s Palace Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry school in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
$800* Terms and agreements
Colorful Spraying Techniques
An Online | Live Class where Chef Melissa will share with you her expertise on a topic that has taken her almost 10 years to perfect. A program designed for students searching for new ideas to refresh their collections with beautiful, colorful and glossy cacao butter designs.
In this two intense days Class you will learn all the tricks and techniques to take your skills to a whole new level.
15 different colorful designs using tape, stencils, sponges, brushes and a spray gun will be made during the Class.
Topics that will be covered during Class:
- Creating your own cacao butter colors using liposoluble powder colors.
- Learn how to get glossy bonbons using natural colors | Suitable for vegan and purist customers.
- High vs Low Pigmentation: Learn how to create your own chart after you understand the difference of having different pigmentation levels. Picking the right pigmentation percentage according to the type of chocolate you are using for the shells will save you lots of time and prevent many mistakes.
- Learn how to create your own transfer sheets.
No fillings will be made during the online Class, but you will receive a recipe book with ten of Chef Melissa’s best ganache recipes with the step by step method included.
- Mango Lassi Ganache: Mango, yogurt and cardamom Ganache
- Vanilla: Vanilla bean, milk and dark chocolate Ganache
- Halva: Tahini, honey and Zephyr caramel Ganache
- Provence: Lemon, lavender and milk chocolate Ganache
- Yogurt: Tangy yogurt and white chocolate Ganache
- Sea Salt Caramel: Sea salt caramel Ganache
- Walnut Praliné: Crunchy walnut Praliné
- Floral Tea: Floral tea Ganache
- Milk Chocolate: Creamy milk chocolate Ganache
- Pineapple Coconut: A tropical combination of coconut, pineapple and white chocolate Ganache
- 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Las Vegas (pacific time zone / USA)
What is included in the tuition fee?
A PDF recipe book with Chef Melissa’s 10 best ganache recipes.
A digital Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
Only registered students using the email address they provided during registration will be allow to join the Class, so we encourage students not to share their passwords.