April 15 - 17 2020
Melissa Coppel’s enter the world of pastry when she left her home country Colombia in her early 20’s to enroll at the French Pastry School in Chicago, where she graduated from L’ Art de la Patisserie Program. This whetted her appetite for the art of high level pastry. Through sheer determination, Coppel eventually landed in the pastry kitchen of the prestigious L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in Las vegas, where she honed her pastry skills and soaked up knowledge like a thirsty sponge. She took continuing education classes in any free time she had. Then she took a position in the chocolate room of Caesar’s Palace Casino, where she spent hours working with chocolate. This was the spark that ignited her love affair with chocolate, and launched her very specialized career. Today, she runs the Melissa Coppel Chocolate and Pastry school in Las Vegas.
Melissa Coppel is a Cacao Barry Ambassador. She was named "Chocolatier of the Year” in 2013, and one of the “Top Ten Chocolatiers in North America” in 2016.
$800* Terms and agreements
A complete Chocolate program taught completely online and in real time, where you could be watching Chef Melissa work, interact with her and at the same time ask all the questions you might have.
The program will be 3 sessions long, each between 3 to four 4 long and will cover every step on how to perfection the art of Molded Bonbons and Dessert Bars:
The first stop will be learning colorful spraying techniques and different decorations using sponges, stencils, brushes and tape. And about the fillings? We will cover all the basic families: pralinés, gianduja, marzipan, soft caramels, compotes, different crunchy elements and ganaches with different base liquids like cream, fruit purees, yolks, water and oil. A total of 10 different products will be made during the 3 sessions, including 8 Molded Bonbons and 2 Dessert Bars.
- Cherry Black Pepper Compote | Espresso Ganache | Dark Chocolate
- Whisky Ganache | Pecan Praline | Dark Chocolate
- Cardamom Rose Ganache | Vanilla Marzipan | White Chocolate
- Peach Ganache | Salty Cashew Duja | Caramelized White Chocolate
- Miso Banana Caramel | Gianduja | Soba Cha | Milk Chocolate
- Parmesan and Black Pepper Ganache | Caramelized White Chocolate
- Strawberry Ganache | Black Sesame Crunch | White and Dark Chocolate
- Almond Ganache | Croissant Crunch | Milk Chocolate
- Cherry Jelly | Pistachio Olive Oil Ganache | Pistachio Crumble | Milk Chocolate
- Coconut Lime and Rum Ganache | Coconut Macadamia | White Chocolate
- Wednesday April 15th
- Thursday April 16th
- Friday April 17th
- 8:00 am (Pacific Time Zone) – 11:00 am (Eastern Time Zone)
Once you register, you will receive an email with all the instructions needed.
You will have to download the Zoom App. which is the platform we will be using.
If you connect late or cannot make it to any of the Classes, they will be recorded and uploaded in the Zoom app, for you to watch whenever you can.
A PDF book with all the recipes and theory covered during the Course.
The Diploma that certifies you successfully completed the course.
⟶ Practical Info