LEMON PIE BAR
Lime Sour Cream Marshmallow - Lime Curd Ganache - Cara Crakine
For The Molds:
Use Cacao Barry Bar Molds
Spray the bar molds with tempered plain cacao butter at 32C and lightly sprinkle silver flakes all over them.
Using low pressure, light spray jade green tempered cocoa butter at 32C all over the molds.
Then lightly spray tempered white cacao butter at 32C all over the molds. Crystallize at 17C for 10 minutes in the fridge.
Then, when the molds are at 20C make the shells with tempered Alunga 41% milk chocolate.
Lime – Sour Cream Marshmallow:
30 g Water
19 g Glucose syrup
65 g Sugar
65 g Isomalt
5 g Silver gelatin
30 g Egg whites
10 g Sugar
1 g Vanilla Bean
50 g Sour Cream
1 g Lime Zest
10 g Lime Juice
- Bloom gelatin in ice water.
- In a pot cook water, glucose syrup, isomalt and sugar to 121 C While whipping the egg whites with 20 grs of sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer. When the syrup is at 121C add the bloomed gelatin and pour over the egg whites.
- Keep whipping until the marshmallow is nice and fluffy. Fold in the sour cream, lime juice and zest and pipe a small amount inside each shell.
- Place the molds in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Lemon Curd Ganache:
35 g Sugar
40 g Isomalt
8 g Inverted Sugar
50 g Egg Yolks
30 g Chef Rubber Sorbitol
100 g Fresh Lime Juice
25 g Butter
1 g Citric Acid
30 g Cacao Barry Cacao butter
220 g Cacao Barry ZEPHYR 34% White Chocolate
2 g Lime Zest
- In a plastic bowl mix sugar, isomalt, inverted sugar, yolks, sorbitol, lime zest and lime juice.
- Cook in a microwave to 85C.
- Strain over Zephyr 34% white chocolate.
- Add butter, citric acid and hand blend to make an emulsion.
- Pipe at 27C – 28C on top of the marshmallow and place a rectangle of the Cara Crakine crunch on top of it.
- Let crystallize at 17C for 12 hours and close with tempered Alunga 41% milk chocolate.
70 g Galletas Maria
125 g Caramelized White Chocolate
125 g Hazelnut Paste
- Grind the Maria cookies.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix everything together and temper to 23.5C
- Spread thin and cut to the desired shape